What does the NWVM offer?
The NWVM offers financial support for interdisciplinary and international workshops in order to support the further development of research questions in interdisciplinary and marine science in an international context.
What can be funded?
- travel expenses and accommodation for external participants
- workshop catering
What are the requirements to apply for financial support?
- interdisciplinary composition of the workshop, including natural and social sciences and humanities (at least two of the three) with an interdisciplinary workshop topic related to the marine realm,
- applicant from one of the NWVM member institutions and participants from at least three NWVM member institutions involved,
- international participants,
- after the workshop: documentation of results and next steps, also for NWVM homepage.
- We also encourage to invite doctoral students to participate.
The proposal (max. of three pages) should include
- workshop topic and objectives,
- expected outcome,
- confirmed participants (name and institution),
- complete financing plan, also including the exact amount you apply for at NWVM
- detailed workshop schedule.
NWVM Office for Guest Scientists offers additional support to for example apply for additional funding in order to invite an international participant for a longer research stay, combined with the workshop.
Where to send the proposal?
Suggestion for workshop venue
If you seek a workshop venue: the NWVM Office for Guest Scientists – in charge of international and interdisciplinary NWVM activities – is situated at the Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg (HWK) in Delmenhorst. Being a NWVM member itself as well as a linking pin in international and interdisciplinary research in the region the HWK offers organizational support and infrastructure for workshops.